Washington students commit to drug-free life during Red Ribbon Week
This week, Washington Elementary School students will show off their school spirit as well as their commitments to a healthy, drug-free life during National Red Ribbon Week.
Each year, more than 80 million young people and adults show their dedication to living drug-free through participation in Red Ribbon Week, which this year runs through Oct. 26. At Washington Elementary, students will demonstrate their dedication through Spirit Week and theme days to make the event even more fun.
The following is a schedule of each theme day for the Wildcats:
- Monday, Oct. 22: “Put the Lights Out on Drugs” (Pajama Day)
- Tuesday, Oct. 23: “Give Drugs the Boot” (Western Day)
- Wednesday, Oct. 24: “Put a Cap on Drugs” (Hat Day)
- Thursday, Oct. 25: “Favorite School Color Day” (College Color Day)
- Friday, Oct. 26: “Wildcat Friday” (Students wear red or Washington Wildcat gear)