Smarter Balanced Assessment
In an effort to better inform parents about the Smarter Balanced State Assessment, the Pendleton School District is providing the following resources.
- 2016-17 Annual Notice for Statewide Tests - English | Spanish (PDF)
- 2016-17 State Assessment Calendar (PDF)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the SMARTER-Balanced Assessment System (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents (PDF)
- ODE Link: Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Descriptor of Levels (PDF)
- What a Passing Score Means:
Oregon House Bill 2655 permits parents to annually opt-out of Oregon’s statewide summative tests in English Language Arts and Math by submitting the “opt-out” form to the school the student attends. The school shall provide any student who is exempted from a state test with supervised study time while other students are testing. The opt out form may be found using the link below or in the office of your child’s school.
If you have additional questions which are not answered here please contact the principal of your child’s school or Matt Yoshioka, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, at 541-966-3260 or email@example.com